Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency Associate (2-6 PQE)
It is an exciting time to join Charles Russell Speechlys!
Based across Charles Russell Speechlys’ three UK offices, the Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency (CRI) team compromises four partners, three senior associates, six associates at the 1-5 PQE level and three trainee solicitors. It is hard working but very friendly.
The team have specialist expertise in all aspects of CRI, with services including:
• Restructuring of solvent and insolvent companies
• Pre-formal insolvency advice and planning
• Advice on directors’ duties and liabilities in relation to distressed or insolvent companies
• Formal insolvencies, including administrations, liquidations (solvent or insolvent) and bankruptcies
• Security reviews on existing or proposed loans
• Strategic acquisitions of insolvent businesses and assets from insolvency practitioners
• Advice to investors in distressed or insolvent companies
• Litigation and recovery actions
• Asset tracing
• Directors’ disqualification proceedings
• LPA Receiverships, and
• Cross-border insolvency and COMI issues
Our CRI practice carries out the full range of contentious and non-contentious insolvency work. We act for insolvency practitioners, lenders and financial institutions, companies, directors, creditors and stakeholders.
Our UK-based practice has a significant international element to it, covering Europe, the Caribbean and the US.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities (this is a broad but not exhaustive list)
• Drafting and managing transactional documents.
• Carrying out legal research.
• Assisting the team with all stages of contentious insolvency matters including general case management.
• Liaising with stakeholders (e.g. clients, counsel, and other firms).
• Managing smaller matters with eventually, minimal supervision.
• Actively engaging in business development and knowledge management.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a good academic background and excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Have trained with a large regional commercial practice or City firm.
• Have completed a restructuring & insolvency seat during their training contract. We will also consider candidates who have completed seats
in both Corporate and Commercial Litigation if they can demonstrate experience of insolvency-related work.
• Have experience of both contentious and non-contentious insolvency matters, both corporate and personal.
For a detailed specification please download the job description in the documents section of this page.
Clicking 'apply' will direct you to the application tracking system, hosted for us by Reach-ATS.com.