Client Service Executive
It is an exciting time to join Charles Russell Speechlys!
This role will form part of the newly formed “Internal Client Services” team (“the team”) providing dedicated services across all practice groups in the Firm.
Whilst you will be working within the individual practice groups and offices, the reporting lines will be directly to the management structure of the team. You will be responsible for delivering the highest level of internal client services to Partners and fee earners through:
• An excellent client support service based upon a detailed understanding of Partners, fee earner and clients’ needs
• Timely responses to enquiries and high standards for completion of work
• Clear, informative and open two-way communication
• A desire and ability to provide solutions
• Integrity and transparency at all times
• An ability to help Partners and fee earners help the clients
The role of Client Services Executive will be to ensure operational excellence in supporting internal and external clients. Their focus will be to identify the best approach and methodology to provide exceptional service levels to Partners, fee earners and their clients. To achieve this, the Client Services Executive will need to take an active interest in and obtain a thorough understanding of all aspects of client requirements.
The role will report to a Client Services Lead.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities (this is a broad but not exhaustive list):
• Distribute and co-ordinate appropriate support for specific client projects
• Set up processes for client matters through liaison with Partners, fee earners and client contacts
• Support Partner’s, fee earners and the Business Development and Marketing teams with preparation of pitches, presentations and events
and with other projects and tasks
• Management system, currently InterAction
• Communicate with external clients both independently and upon instructions from Partners and fee earners
• Arrange client meetings and ensure efficient responses to written and verbal client queries
• Check to ensure clients terms of business in place as soon as file opened and to follow up with fee earners accordingly
• Take internal and external telephone queries, responding as appropriate and ensure that all messages are passed on in a timely manner
• Liaise with relevant Business Resource teams on behalf of Partners and fee earners
• Liaise with the Client Service Lead over any planned absences, arranging cover as necessary and communicating this to the relevant
Partners and fee earners
• Assist Partners and fee earners in ensuring time recording is up to date and captured in a timely manner
• Liaise with the appropriate Finance team in relation to invoices, expenses, client billing and accounts
• Process invoices and expenses on the online system, currently Chrome River
• Participate in distribution of work and monitor progress of work allocated to Client Service Administrators to ensure tasks are completed in a
• Monitor and track all tasks and prioritise accordingly
• Diary management and coordination to ensure Partners and fee earners receive regular updates on meeting arrangements
Other duties and responsibilities
• Assisting other members of the team, both proactively and at the request of the Client Services Lead
• Provide cover for the Client Document Executives as necessary (for example, during periods of heavy workload, holiday or sickness
• Short dictations and basic amendments and document updates
• Conflict searches, file opening and risk assessment forms
• Drafting letters of engagement
• Updating and maintaining integrity of information held in Outlook, Interaction and 3E
• Minor document production amendments and assistance
• Working effectively with other legal and Business Resource teams as required
• Any other duties as reasonably requested by Partners, fee earners, Client Services Leads, or the Head of Internal Client Services
A Client Services Executive has responsibility to ensure that their skill set is up to date and they are familiar with the Firm’s teams, key individuals, clients, internal systems and procedures. This will ensure that the Client Services Executive is able to carry out the role effectively and, where appropriate, discuss any training requirements with the Client Services Lead.
In addition to this, they should have/be able to:
• Accurate typing speed of at least 60 words per minute
• Advanced knowledge and experience of using software including all Microsoft Office packages
• Experience of using Practice Management Systems
For a detailed specification please download the job description in the documents section of this page.
Clicking 'apply' will direct you to the application tracking system, hosted for us by Reach-ATS.com.