Business Development Executive
The role of the Business Development Executive (BDE) is to support the Business Development Manager (BDM) in the development and execution of Sector marketing plans and campaigns and to help in the identification and creation of opportunities to win new business.
The role requires a dedicated BDE who will primarily support the Real Estate and Construction division.
There are c30 people in the team and it is divided into three key areas:
- Business Development;
- Marketing Communications & Events; and
- Client Relationships.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities (this is a broad but not exhaustive list)
- Support the BDM on developing, reviewing and updating planning and budgeting materials, participating in meetings, amending documents
- Supporting the BDM on the targeting (“pipeline”) process
- Support the development of InterAction, our contact management system (e.g. mailing list cleansing) and being a ‘champion’ within the rest of the firm
- Support the BDM on the pitching process, including statements of experience, client quotes/testimonials, basic research, organising meetings, partner and fee earner biographies and core factual/policy information. Develop and maintain the materials required to create these documents
- Creating brochures, team sheets and other client facing materials, often at short notice
- Produce, distribute, analyse and report on digital newsletters, legal updates and other direct mailings, working with the CRM team
- Coordinating and producing relevant regular reports
For a full breakdown of the role please download the PDF job description.