Business Development and Marketing Executive
The role of the Business Development and Marketing Executive (BDME) is to support the Business Development Manager (BDM) in the delivery of the Guildford Implementation Plan and to help in the identification and creation of opportunities to win new business.
The role requires a dedicated BDE who will primarily support the Guildford office.
Role and Responsibilities (this is a broad but not exhaustive list)
Business Development and targeting support
• As a ‘go to’ person, providing day to day support to Guildford Business Development Manager and Guildford partners in relation to:
Planning and budgeting
• working with the three Guildford Go to Market Groups team on plans and budgets, as well as leading on the activation of some sub-plans
• participating in relevant marketing & business development meetings and providing updates on activity
Targeting and networking
• working with the BDM and Guildford Partners to develop strategic targeting of new business through the ‘pipeline’ process
• using Charles Russell Speechlys CRM tool, InterAction, to create, maintain and refine shared targets, Marketing lists and monthly reports for Go to Market Group meetings
• Support the implementation of the Business and Core Group plans including the targeting process and go to market strategy. This includes supporting the BDM on developing, reviewing and updating planning and budgeting materials, participating in meetings, amending documents and regularly producing reports
• Support the planning, delivery, analysis, reporting and follow up on a variety of targeted events such as seminars, webinars, workshops, receptions and other client hospitality from brief stage through to live event.
• Project manage the Directory submissions for the Guildford office, working across all legal groups and working with the PR team and PR Agency on promoting success.
• Creating proposals, brochures, team sheets and other client facing materials, often at short notice.
• creating first draft documents and supporting the creation of specific content for pitch and credential documents, both formal and informal, where appropriate
• creating presentations for beauty parades
• Support the wider BDM and Guildford Partners in helping identify and coordinate PR activity
• Undertake ad hoc desk research on markets, sectors, industries, organisations and individuals of relevance to specific business development initiatives
• Maintain and seek relationships with local businesses, identifying areas where we can support and get involved with activity.
• Develop and maintain the ongoing relationship with sponsors, media outlets working with BDM and Guildford partners on content creation.
• Support the BDM with any necessary BD/Marketing training for partners/fee earners.
• Support the BDM and Guildford partners, the PR team and our PR agency on the coordination of PR activity.
• supporting the maintenance and updating of the firm’s website
• updating specific webpages on the firm’s internal website
• helping the BDM to gather and report on relevant web analytics
• working with the BDM and marketing communications team, helping in the delivery of social and other digital media
Firm wide initiatives
• involvement in and support for firm wide projects, initiatives or campaigns where appropriate and requested
• Support internal communications strategy working with other Business Resource teams to deliver key messages through use of newsletters and internal notice boards.
• Proactive, positive with a flexible, can-do attitude
• Able to influence at all levels
• Excellent time management and project management skills
• flair for the ‘sales’ side of professional services marketing
• a proven track record of results
• experience of the professional services environment
• good academic record
• computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• some knowledge of marketing databases (preferably InterAction)
• excellent communication skills, both written and verbal – the role involves liaison with internal and external people at a senior level and internationally
• attention to detail
• organisational ability within a pressurised environment
• a team player
• able to prioritise potentially conflicting requirements
For a detailed specification please download the job description in the documents section of this page.
Clicking 'apply' will direct you to the application tracking system, hosted for us by Reach-ATS.com.