Associate (4-5 PQE) FTC - Commercial
Role and Responsibilities (this is a broad but not exhaustive list)
- Manage your own workload cost effectively and provide transactional and advisory legal advice to clients in a succinct, practical and persuasive manner
- Work with, and assist in the development of more junior members of the team where applicable
- Apply a commercial approach to delivery of advice suitable to the requirements of each client
- Support Partners and assist with the Firm’s Technology, Consumer and Sport campaigns in client marketing and business development activities to develop the department’s client base and network of intermediaries and contacts
- Assist with corporate support but this will not constitute a major part of the role
- Contribute to divisional knowledge and know-how
- Be a qualified solicitor or equivalent with 4-5 PQE, able to integrate into teams effectively
- Have strong technical knowledge of a wide variety of commercial, IP and technology related contracts in the required sectors
- It is expected that the candidate will have undertaken an in-house secondment or have in house or strong relevant industry sector experience
- Have a proven track record in business development appropriate to the maternity cover role and their level of qualification
- Be confident to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Be confident in both verbal and written communication with a diverse range of clients
- Must be a good fit with the Firm’s culture and the existing team
- Have a flexible approach and willing to go the extra mile
- Excellent ability to receive and understand client briefs, drafting skills and clear expression appropriate to the client types you will work with
- A highly collaborative approach, and effective liaison with colleagues, other practice groups and other law firms and advisers.
- Technical Ability
- Taking instructions and working to agreed work scope and budget
- Client Service
- Interpersonal skills
- Delivery focus
- Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice preferred but not required
For a detailed specification please download the job description in the documents section of this page.
Clicking 'apply' will direct you to the application tracking system, hosted for us by Reach-ATS.com.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies, we will reach out to our PSL supply chain. Please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL. We also do not accept speculative CVs as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.