Associate - Real Estate (0-2 PQE)
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Real Estate Associate to join our London team. The role will include a wide range of commercial and Real Estate transactional work including Landlord and Tenant matters, commercial leases, investment, and disposal transactions, including portfolio transactions. The candidate will be part of a Real Estate group which covers a very wide range of transactions across the key industry sectors.
The role will suit someone who has excellent people skills who is looking to develop their career within a friendly collegiate team that is widely recognised for its expertise in this area. Whether working with an investor, developer, or occupier you will be part of a team which is responsive, focused and will get things moving. Moreover, our real estate team is committed to a jargon-free, practical and commercial approach. Offering a dedicated personal service and value for money for our clients, we work hard to develop and build lasting relationships and truly get to know our clients to deliver a premium service.
As a well-respected team of specialists, we offer the strength and depth that comes from having one of the largest real estate teams in the City of London as well as a highly regarded team across our other global locations. Within the team, we have the full range of experts needed to advise throughout the entire property asset life-cycle from planning, investment and management advice to sale, redevelopment or onward sale and leaseback. We advise on every aspect of commercial property, at all levels of the team – and we strive for excellence and empower our colleagues to do so.
Role and Responsibilities (this is a broad but not exhaustive list)
- Provide legal advice to clients in a succinct, practical, and persuasive manner
- Manage a substantial and varied workload efficiently and cost effectively with supervision, appropriate to level of expertise
- Demonstrate good judgement and a good legal and commercial understanding of client’s particular needs
- Demonstrate a background in landlord and tenant work and investment acquisitions and disposals
- Draft documents with minimum instruction and supervision, making use of appropriate precedents
- Apply a commercial approach to research and evaluate relevance and accuracy in delivery of advice
- Build a strong rapport with clients and identify opportunities to take appropriate steps to follow through
- Attend and assist in organising and hosting of client marketing events
- Contribute to group knowledge and know-how initiatives
- Comply with all relevant legal and regulatory obligations including the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) Standards and Regulations, and Principles.
- Be an England and Wales qualified solicitor, newly-qualified or up to 2 years PQE.
- Be confident to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills
- Be organised and capable of running a significant number of files and work matters simultaneously
- Have the ability to develop effective working relations at all levels
- Be confident in both verbal and written communication with a diverse range of clients
- Have a flexible approach and willing to go the extra mile
- Delivery Focused
- Strong organisational skills
- Effective, sound decision making and problem solving skills
- High degree of accuracy/attention to detail
When we require external assistance with our vacancies, we will reach out to our PSL supply chain. Please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL. We also do not accept speculative CVs as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.
For a detailed specification please download the job description in the documents section of this page.
Clicking 'apply' will direct you to the application tracking system, hosted for us by Reach-ATS.com.