Associate - Probate (2 - 4 PQE) or Probate Specialist
It is an exciting time to join Charles Russell Speechlys!
Cheltenham preferably although can be location agnostic with travel.
Competitive salary and relocation assistance available.
The Private Client division in Cheltenham is made up of two practice groups which work closely together, being: Tax, Trusts and Succession; and Private Property. Each is recognised by clients, intermediaries, directories and peers as pre-eminent at advising individuals, trustees, executors, families and charities in relation to their personal affairs.
We are experienced in handling a full range of work for our private clients, whilst adding our particular expertise in many specialist areas including:
• charitable trusts and philanthropy
• estate planning and succession
• private property (both transactions and management)
• probate and estate administration
• rural businesses and landed estates
• trust and probate disputes
• trust establishment, management and taxation
Where our clients require expertise outside the team (such as property litigation or commercial advice) – which is often the case with our sophisticated, entrepreneurial client base – we involve colleagues from across the firm to ensure that the needs of our clients are met.
We are looking to recruit a Probate Associate 2-4PQE or Probate Specialist who specialises in all matters relating to probate and estate administration. This role sits within the Tax, Trusts and Succession Group of the Private Client Division in our Cheltenham office.
The role will report direct to Claire Conlon and Sarah Roberts, Senior Associates.
The successful candidate will need to be able to handle the administration of estates from beginning to end. Have experience in dealing with complex intestacies, Inheritance Tax payable estates, cross-border succession and Deeds of variation.
The estates in question will often be complex, involving trusts and inheritance tax planning, and of high value.
The Tax, Trusts and Succession Group is one of the largest practice groups in the firm with annual revenue of just over £23 million. It includes around 95 individuals at all stages in their careers.
The role will suit someone who has excellent people skills and who is looking to develop their career within a friendly collegiate team that is widely recognised for its expertise in this area.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities (this is a broad but not exhaustive list):
It is important that the successful candidate has had experience in the following:
• Collating information about the deceased’s estate in a thorough and sensitive way
• Liaising with third parties to obtain key bits of information about the deceased and the deceased’s assets
• Analysing trust provisions in a Will and advising the executors and trustees accordingly
• Advising on the inheritance tax position of an estate, including the availability of the Residence Nil Rate Band
• Advising on cross-border issues and liaising with foreign advisers, as and when it is appropriate to do so
• Providing detailed scopes of work and realistic costs estimates up to the grant of representation and beyond
For a detailed specification please download the job description in the documents section of this page.
Clicking 'apply' will direct you to the application tracking system, hosted for us by Reach-ATS.com.