Associate - Employment (3-4 PQE)
We have an opportunity for an Associate in the Employment Team in the Cheltenham office. The candidate will have 3-4 years’ post qualification experience (PQE) and will work closely with other members of the team to provide a seamless service to clients.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Providing all aspects of advice to clients on employment documentation, policies, disciplinary and grievances, family friendly issues, redundancy processes and GDPR.
- Running employment tribunal litigation including drafting Grounds of Resistance, Particulars of Claim, attending Preliminary Hearings and dealing with case management steps.
- Carrying out due diligence on transactions and advising on “red flag” issues, drafting warranties and indemnities and advising on TUPE.
- Advising Senior Executives on maximising their severance terms on exit.
- Advising on all aspects of employment and partnership disputes (knowledge of High Court CPR is valued but not a pre-requisite).
- Complying with all relevant legal and regulatory obligations including the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) Standards and Regulations, and Principles.
Skills and Experience
- Strong drafting skills both in respect of non-contentious and contentious work.
- Ability to demonstrate conduct of employment tribunal proceedings on behalf of Respondents and Claimants.
- Familiar with employment data protection and privacy issues including Data Subject Access Requests.
- Ability to contribute to business development initiatives, such as through article writing and attendance at networking events.
- Experienced in giving advice on transactions both for buyer and seller and advising on all aspects of TUPE.
- Expertise in dealing with employment status issues including worker status and drafting contracts for services.
- Experienced on all aspects of grievances, performance issues and disciplinary matters.
- Experience of handling dismissals in the context of the financial services industry and an understanding of relevant regulatory issues (desirable but not a pre-requisite).
- Ability to present employment training to peers and clients alike.
- England and Wales qualified (or equivalent) between 3 and 4 PQE;
- Be confident to work autonomously and as part of a team;
- Willing to contribute to a busy and successful team with growth ambitions;
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills and have the ability to work to (often short) deadlines;
- Have the ability to develop effective working relationships at all levels;
- Be confident in both verbal and written communication with a diverse range of clients;
- Have a flexible approach and willing to go the extra mile;
- Have a pragmatic and results-oriented approach;
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Have a willingness to engage in business development activities to raise the profile of the team internally and externally; and
- Balance both team and independent working practice.
For a detailed specification please download the job description in the documents section of this page.
Clicking 'apply' will direct you to the application tracking system, hosted for us by Reach-ATS.com.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies, we will reach out to our PSL supply chain. Please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL. We also do not accept speculative CVs as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers, Partners or the Talent Acquisition team.