Corporate Associate (2-4 PQE)
It is an exciting time to join Charles Russell Speechlys!
The Corporate group is part of the Corporate & Commercial division of Charles Russell Speechlys LLP.
The Corporate group advises on a broad range of high-profile UK and crossborder mergers, acquisitions and disposals (both public and private) as well as IPO’s and offerings of securities on the Official List and AIM and private placements, with recognised strengths in:
- mid-market M&A and other corporate transactions,
- private equity,
- quoted company/capital markets work,
- investment funds,
- supported by strong tax, employment, pensions and immigration, intellectual property and data protection groups.
The role is a broad role; generally we think it important for our junior associates to have a breadth of training & exposure initially, and be able to cover all aspects of corporate work (with appropriate training where necessary, including “on the job” training), before deciding where they wish to specialise.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities (this is a broad but not exhaustive list)
- Providing key support within the group on a variety of corporate transactions, including public and private M&A, IPOs, offers of securities, private equity and other third party investment into private companies and joint ventures.
- Drafting and, as appropriate, negotiating related transaction documents.
- Assisting with disclosure and due diligence processes, reviewing corporate documents, compiling relevant reports and identifying the key issues (whether corporate or otherwise).
- Advising (managing and leading) on the key transaction documentation for asset and share sale and purchase agreements for transactions of varying value levels.
- Undertaking corporate reorganisations, restructuring work, and putting in place documentation to reflect a range of business ownership structures, such as shareholders' agreements, LLP members' agreements and partnership agreements.
- Assisting on investment advisory mandates, negotiating shareholder agreements, share rights agreements, co-investment agreements, drafting, negotiating constitutional documents, and ancillary related documentation.
- Delivering advice to clients on general corporate issues, company law and company secretarial matters and the Takeover Code, Listing Rules and AIM Rules.
- Excellent technical expertise and ability to not only research and advise on the law but also to apply that advice to the commercial needs of the client
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Commercial awareness, financial acumen and business-like approach to both legal practice and business development
- Enthusiasm, commitment and a flexible approach
- Good people and team working skills
- Effective decision making and judgment skills
- Organisational ability
For a detailed specification please download the job description in the documents section of this page.
Clicking 'apply' will direct you to the application tracking system, hosted for us by Reach-ATS.com.