Associate - Construction, Engineering & Projects (3 -5 PQE)
It is an exciting time to join Charles Russell Speechlys!
The vibrant Real Estate & Construction Division lies at the heart of Charles Russell Speechlys. Our clients include UK and international organisations and individuals across the full spectrum of the Real Estate and Construction sector. We act for institutional and private investors, developers, corporate occupiers, house builders, major contractors and engineers and charities.
Our Construction, Engineering and Projects Team is a full service team providing transactional advice through to dispute avoidance/resolution advice relating to large scale construction and engineering projects, in the UK and internationally.
The team mainly acts for commercial clients across a wide range of business sectors with a particular emphasis on real estate developers, property investment companies, contractors and major engineering consultancies.
Core dispute avoidance/resolution services include advising on all forms of dispute resolution (adjudication / arbitration / litigation / mediation / expert determination), giving strategic advice to clients to ensure that their dispute is resolved as cost effectively as possible, whilst maintaining the best possible outcome.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Associate (3-5 PQE) to join our Guildford team. The role will suit someone who has excellent people skills and who is looking to develop their career within a friendly collegiate team that is widely recognised for its expertise in this area.
The Associate will have experience of contentious construction law and specific experience of conducting construction adjudications, and some TCC litigation experience.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities (this is a broad but not exhaustive list)
- Provide legal advice to clients in a succinct, practical and persuasive manner
- Manage a substantial and varied workload efficiently and cost effectively with supervision, appropriate to level of expertise
- Draft more complex documents with minimum instruction and supervision, making use of appropriate precedents
- Apply a commercial approach to research and evaluate relevance and accuracy in delivery of advice
- Delegate, co-ordinate and supervise the work of more junior members of the team as appropriate
- Actively participate in client marketing opportunities such as client seminars, presentations and pitches
- Identify client opportunities and take appropriate steps to follow through
- Contribute to group knowledge and know-how initiatives
- Non-contentious construction experience desirable
For a detailed specification please download the job description in the documents section of this page.
Clicking 'apply' will direct you to the application tracking system, hosted for us by Reach-ATS.com.