Scope of Environmental Management System
The environmental impact which is within Charles Russell Speechlys operational control at its UK offices (London, Cheltenham and Guildford) and associated with the provision of legal services.
Senior Management is committed to reducing the environmental impact from its business activities which fall within the defined scope of its environmental management system.
To achieve this, Senior Management is committed to protecting the environment and preventing pollution by:
- Enhancing its environmental performance by using an ISO14001 environmental management system to provide a framework for continual improvement;
- Identifying aspects of Senior Management’s activities that have an environmental impact;
- Setting objectives and targets to reduce those environmental impacts;
- Communicating environmental objectives throughout Senior Management;
- Understanding and fulfilling its compliance obligations;
- Seeking to reduce its consumption of the world’s natural resources by minimising waste, promoting re-use and recycling, reducing energy consumption and any harmful emissions which result from business activities (such as travel);
- Working where-ever practicable with interested parties such as landlords, suppliers and clients on beneficial environmental programmes;
- Ensuring that whenever possible, goods and services are procured from sustainable sources or have a lower environmental impact than those goods or services they replace;
- Identify reduction pathways for fixed operational and variable carbon emissions to achieve the target of reducing carbon emissions by 50% of the 2019 baseline by 2030.
Senior Management are committed to this policy and carry out an annual review of its effectiveness.