It is important to us that we provide an inclusive environment.
Where everyone feels comfortable to be themselves in the workplace and we continue to review how we can support, and encourage, that. This is not just important for our existing staff, but also our candidates and future staff and our clients too.
Our LGBTQ+ and Allies Committee plays an active role to help ensure we offer an inclusive and welcoming environment for our LGBTQ+ colleagues and clients.
Some of our recent achievements and initiatives include:
- Achieving Top 25 Legal Sector ranking in the 2020 Stonewall Equality Index
- Personal stories from colleagues on Bi and Lesbian visibility days
- A podcast, in collaboration with Opening Doors, sharing insights to the Generational Challenges, Allyship and a Guide to Pride
- Review of our family friendly policies to ensure they are inclusive of same sex couples and are gender neutral
- Trans and Non binary inclusion training for our reception and recruitment teams
- Introduction of a Transitioning Policy
- Hosted two diversity and inclusion events, with a focus on allyship and supporting LGBTQ+ initiatives, in Cheltenham to bring together local law firms
We are also a member of LeGalBesT, which is a collective of law firms that provides further opportunities for networking and collaboration on LGBTQ+ events.