It is important to us that we provide an inclusive environment.
Where everyone feels comfortable to be themselves in the workplace and we continue to review how we can support, and encourage, that. This is not just important for our existing staff, but also our candidates and future staff and our clients too.
Our LGBTQ+ and Allies Committee plays an active role to help ensure we offer an inclusive and welcoming environment for our LGBTQ+ colleagues and clients.
If you have any questions about what it's like to work at the firm or any general questions please contact one of our chairs.
Some of our recent achievements and initiatives include:
- Ranked 53rd in the Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2022, ranking 11th in the Legal Sector, achieving a Gold Award
- Our LGBTQ+ Network received a Highly Commended Award
- Personal stories from colleagues on Bi and Lesbian visibility days
- A podcast, in collaboration with Opening Doors, sharing insights to the Generational Challenges, Allyship and a Guide to Pride
- Review of our family friendly policies to ensure they are inclusive of same sex couples, introducing a Surrogacy policy in addition to our Adoption policy
- Introduced Gender Neutral Drafting Guidance which is encouraged amongst all staff
- Host quarterly Bi Coffee catch ups for our bi colleagues and members of Legal Best
- Trans and Non binary inclusion training for our reception and recruitment teams
- Introduction of a Transitioning Policy
- Hosted a number of events with a number of inspirational LGBTQ+ figures, including former Rugby referee Nigel Owens, boxing promoter Kellie Maloney and the first British Trans Racing Driver, Charlie Martin.
We are also a member of LeGalBesT, which is a collective of law firms that provides further opportunities for networking and collaboration on LGBTQ+ events.