One of the key strands of our diversity strategy focusses on improving our gender diversity in leadership roles and the firm’s Achieving Balance project was set up to specifically focus on initiatives and drivers for change.
We are aiming to achieve the leadership target of 35% Female representation in our UK Partnership by 2024.
Our Gender Committee has contributed to a number of the firm’s initiatives and also looks more broadly at gender related initiatives and raising awareness to the varying challenges experienced at different milestones in our careers/lives.
- Mandatory “Respect” training for all Partners and line managers is run annually; this is inclusive leadership training
- Introduction of a mentoring scheme
- Introduction of Family Friendly Network
- Family Friendly Leave Coaching
- Introduction of Surrogacy policy
- Ongoing menopause awareness sessions and resources available to all staff
- To mark International Women’s Day 2022, we interviewed a number of our clients to hear their thoughts on the importance of gender balance in the work place and diversity and inclusion more broadly. Click here to watch our interviews with Chanel 4, Meggitt, W8 Advisory, BYBI and the British Horseracing Authority.
Family Friendly Policies and Network
We have a wide range of policies to support a good work/life balance for our lawyers and support staff, balanced with the needs of the business. These policies include Maternity, Paternity, and Shared Parental Leave, as well as our Adoption and Surrogacy policies. All our policies are gender neutral in line with our Gender Neutral Drafting guidance and are reviewed on a regular basis to ensure they remain live, relevant and provide a good level of support for our working parents.
We launched our Family Friendly Network in 2019 to provide our an opportunity for our working parents to network, share experiences, challenges and to help identify new initiatives and ways that we can provide support to our staff. We are also Corporate members of Cityparents which offers easy access to topical webinars for working parents.