One of the key strands of our diversity strategy focusses on improving our gender diversity in leadership roles and the firm’s Achieving Balance project was set up to specifically focus on initiatives and drivers for change.
Our Gender Committee has contributed to a number of the firm’s initiatives and also looks more broadly at gender related initiatives and raising awareness to the varying challenges experienced at different milestones in our careers/lives.
- Mandatory “Respect” training for all Partners and line managers is run annually; this is inclusive leadership training
- Formal introduction of agile working, followed by a survey one year on to identify best practice and any barriers
- Introduction of a mentoring scheme
- Introduction of Family Friendly Network
- Family Friendly Leave Coaching
- Implementation of a Key Contact for individuals on family friendly leave
- International Women’s Day Panel event on International work – aimed at junior, female, fee earning staff on how to build international networks and contacts
- Firmwide pledge initiative; where individuals committed to an action to collectively drive a more gender equal world
- Organised employability sessions with Working Chance
Family Friendly Policies and Network
We have a wide range of policies to support a good work/life balance for our lawyers and support staff, balanced with the needs of the business. Our policies are reviewed on a regular basis to ensure they remain live, relevant and provide a good level of support for our working parents.
We launched our Family Friendly Network in 2019 to provide our an opportunity for our working parents to network, share experiences, challenges and to help identify new initiatives and ways that we can provide support to our staff. We are also Corporate members of Cityparents which offers easy access to topical webinars for working parents.