Sarah manages the Firm’s Pro Bono practice which focuses on access to justice – providing free legal advice to vulnerable individuals and legal support to help strengthen the capacity of small charities and innovative social enterprises. Sarah is a qualified solicitor with extensive experience in the pro bono sector both in the UK and internationally, having held legal and management roles at global pro bono clearing houses, commercial private practices, frontline non-profit organisations, human rights institutions, Government Foreign Affairs Departments and UN institutions.
- Leads the firm’s participation in the Greece Pro Bono Collaborative - training and deploying our lawyers to the Greek Islands of Lesvos and Samos to support asylum seekers in partnership with the European Lawyers in Lesvos.
- Leads the firm’s involvement in the Windrush Legal Initiative, assisting survivors of the Windrush scandal to navigate the complex process to apply for compensation under the UK Government’s Windrush Compensation Scheme.
- Leads our Disability Benefits Appeals work with Zacchaeus 2000 Trust, training lawyers from across the firm to help people appeal negative decisions in the First-Tier Tribunal.
- Manages the firm’s participation in three frontline pro bono legal advice clinics, including innovative webcam clinics which enable our lawyers to reach people in legal advice deserts outside London and to continue providing pro bono advice to people on low incomes during the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown.
- Facilitates and manages the delivery of commercial legal advice for wide range of small charities and innovative social enterprises.