Hope's residential experience includes termination of leases (including forfeiture and possession claims), service charge disputes and leasehold enfranchisement claims, acting for one of London’s largest estates. Hope also advises on issues surrounding easements, adverse possession and trespass claims. Her commercial experience includes dilapidations, lease terminations, opposed and unopposed lease renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 and right of light disputes.
Hope acts for a diverse range of clients including large corporations, developers, commercial and residential landlords and tenants, large landowners of estates and high net worth individuals.
Hope is a member of the Property Litigation Association and is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acting in relation to High Court injunction proceedings regarding a right of light dispute concerning a prominent development in Shoreditch.
- Advising a commercial landlord in proceedings brought by the tenant, with regards to overcharging rent and the alleged fraudulent creation of documents to suggest that certain rent arrears were agreed. The proceedings involved complex arguments regarding fraud, limitation, breach of contract and required expert handwriting evidence.
- Advising a respondent on an adverse possession application concerning an access way for commercial land abutting residential properties.
- Advising major landlords, including some of the largest London estates, in respect of their commercial and residential property portfolios (including breaches of lease, service charge disputes and property management issues).
- Advising a management company in relation to a service charge dispute in the First Tier Property Tribunal.