Chloe is a Paralegal and TEP in the Private Client department based in our Zurich office. Chloe assists the team with a wide range of Private Client issues, mainly relating to cross-border Tax, Trust and Succession matters. These matters relate to high net worth individuals, families and trustees mostly with complex cross-border issues at play involving international clients. She also assists the team with restructuring matters from both a Private Client and Corporate perspective. In her career so far, Chloe has gained wide experience in US and UK laws and regulations in a variety of aspects.
Chloe attended the University of Liverpool, gaining a Bsc in Economics in 2013. Chloe qualified as a Trust and Estate Practitioner in early 2020 after completing the STEP Diploma in International Trust Management. She is currently undergoing the Solicitors Qualifying Exams at the University of Law, with the aim of becoming a Solicitor of England and Wales in early 2024.
- UK estate planning advice including preparing Lasting Powers of Attorney and Wills for both UK and international individuals with cross-border aspects at play
- Providing advice notes to individuals and trustees relating to cross-border tax, trust and succession issues
- Establishing and advising on trust structures for UK and international clients with a broad range of worldwide assets
- Advising individuals and trustees on the tax issues relating to the concept of domicile
- Preparing and advising individuals and trustees with regards to one-off and annual tax or administrative reporting requirements related to their connection to trust structures such as the UK Trust Register, Economic Substance and Register of Overseas Entities
- Preparing UK tax returns for individuals and trusts
- A variety of work within US tax including managing over 200 US disclosures, advising banks, individuals and trustees with regards to FATCA and expatriation