Paul advises on all aspects of EU and UK competition law.
He regularly advises clients on matters such as cartels and other anti-competitive agreements, abuse of dominance issues, merger control rules and market investigations. He also advises on appeals against decisions by the competition authorities and other regulators.
His experience covers a wide range of industry sectors, including technology, media, telecoms, sport, healthcare, retailing, rail and financial services.
Prior to joining the firm, Paul worked in-house at ITV, where he was Head of Legal Affairs, Regulatory and Competition. At ITV, Paul’s responsibility included advising all areas of the business on competition law and communications regulation, as well as having responsibility for all litigation matters across the ITV group.
Paul has been involved in a number of recent high profile cases in the communications sector in the UK, including BSkyB's stake in ITV and various projects to deliver video-on-demand content through broadband.
Paul is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising Celesio on its application for leniency and subsequent cartel investigation by the CMA into the supply of care home medicines
- Advising Gamma Telecom in relation to appeals to the Competition Appeal Tribunal
- Advising ITV in relation to the Competition Commission reference of its sale of Friends Reunited to Brightsolid
- Advising Nike in relation to competition law matters
- Advising YouView on the competition and regulatory aspects of the launch of its digital television platform