Daniel represents a broad spectrum of UK and international companies and is experienced in a wide range of corporate issues, including M&A, joint ventures, strategic alliances and corporate finance transactions.
He has a particular focus on inward investment, especially from the USA and Canada.
Daniel is recognised as a leading cross-border M&A lawyer in the independently researched International Who’s Who of M&A Lawyers 2014.
He is also the immediate past Chair of the ABA International M&A Subcommittee and of the North American Taskforce of London & Partners which is the UK Government's inward investment agency for London.
Daniel is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advised SISU Capital Limited and related entities on various matters relating to Coventry City Football Club and on the disposal of Prozone Group Limited
- Advised Tide Water Oil Co. (India) Ltd, a leading lubricant manufacturer in India, on the acquisition of Veedol International Limited from Castrol Limited and Lubricants UK Limited, wholly-owned subsidiaries of BP plC
- Advised Izurium Capital on its equity investment in Smartfocus Holdings Limited, global leader in intelligent, personalised, omni-channel marketing
- Advised Applied Systems, Inc., then a portfolio company of Bain Capital Partners LLC, on the acquisition of Insurecom Limited, a leading software and connectivity solutions company serving the UK insurance industry
- Acted as local counsel to Bain Capital Partners LLC on the UK issues relating to its $1.8 billion disposal of Applied Systems Inc. to Hellman & Friedman LLC
- Advised Air Distribution Technologies, Inc., one of the largest and strongest independent providers of air distribution and ventilation products in North America, on certain matters in the UK and Luxembourg arising out of its sale by the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board to Johnson Controls, Inc., for $1.6 billion