Kayleigh specialises in construction and engineering law, both contentious and non-contentious.
Kayleigh advises private clients, developers and construction professionals (including contractors, designers and consultants) on all forms of dispute resolution including mediation, expert determination, arbitration, adjudication and litigation.
Kayleigh also advises clients including developers and consultants on commercial and residential projects. Kayleigh has experience of drafting and negotiating contractual documentation such as building contracts, appointments, collateral warranties and associated documentation.
Kayleigh has successfully completed the Higher Rights of Audience qualification: civil and criminal.
She has written several articles for legal and insurance publications.
Kayleigh is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising in relation to professional negligence claims against architects, engineers and quantity surveyors in the Technology and Construction Court.
- Providing legal, commercial and practical dispute resolution advice for high net worth private clients in relation to construction projects.
- Advising in respect of procurement and contract terms for large construction projects, including refurbishment projects, new developments and care home facilities.
- Providing on-going advice to a number of contractors in relation to contractual arrangements and dispute avoidance.
- Prior to joining Charles Russell Speechlys LLP, Kayleigh defended a wide range of professional negligence claims on behalf of construction professionals and their professional indemnity insurers. She also assisted with public liability work, environmental group actions and nuisance and contamination claims.
- Regularly involved in hosting our seminars/workshops and contributing to updates and publications.
- Member of the Society of Construction Law, SCL Astra (formerly the Junior Society of Construction Law) and the Solicitors' Association of Higher Courts Advocates.