Hamish advises on general company and commercial matters with a particular emphasis on private company mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, fundraisings/private equity and corporate reorganisations.
He acts for a broad range of corporate, institutional, governmental and private clients/management teams, both domestically and internationally, and across a number of sectors. In particular, Hamish has extensive experience advising clients in the technology, media, communications and recruitment sectors.
He is also a host and regular speaker as part of our in-house counsel seminar programme, and a member of the advisory board for the Association of Caribbean Corporate Counsel.
Hamish is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acting for the Government of The Bahamas on the privatisation of The Bahamas Telecommunications Company, the issuance of a second mobile licence and various other telecoms matters
- Advising Meredith Corporation in relation to its investment in Iris Worldwide
- Advising an international tea trader on the sale of its Rwandan operations to a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kolkata-based, McLeod Russel India Limited, one of the largest tea producers in the world
- Advising on the sale of Hawk-Eye to Sony
- Advising Randstad and various other companies/individuals on numerous transactions in the Recruitment sector