Susan has considerable experience in advising healthcare clients on professional discipline matters.
She represents pharmacists in proceedings before the General Pharmaceutical Council, and advises on appeals from that body. She represents healthcare professionals in conduct issues involving NHS England.
For dentists, she deals with General Dental Council matters and performance issues arising from Dental Contracts and Performers Lists.
Susan also has expertise in relation to appeals to the First Tier Tribunal and to the NHSLA (FHSAU); in the latter, acting as solicitor advocate.
She advises on inquests, public and administrative law (including judicial review) and acts for healthcare clients in relation to prosecutions, mainly high value fraud, brought by the CPS and other prosecuting agencies.
Susan is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Challenged a search and freezing order made against a pharmacist by a CCG with the result that the order was discharged and the case against the pharmacist was dropped
- Represented dentists sued by the NHS in relation to clawback of monies from unmet UDA target in a landmark decision where the court held that the method of calculation used by the NHS was flawed
- Challenged a NHS market entry decision by way of judicial review; the action was compromised before a final hearing and sent back to the Health Board for an ultimately favourable determination
- Provided an innovative conditions to allow a suspended pharmacist to practise safely and so preserve his livelihood
- Appointed to an MHRA advisory board (Advisory Board for the Registration of Homeopathic Products)