Edward has 20 years’ experience in advising a broad range of clients on high value, complex litigation often with an international dimension. His background and approach to litigation are grounded in his experience of advising household name retailers and other key clients of the firm, giving his advice a strong commercial edge.
As head of the firm’s retail and leisure sector, he acts for an enviable array of major brands, however his broader commercial contentious practice includes advising regulatory bodies and companies on a wide range of commercial disputes, including professional negligence matters.
Recent cases have included dealing with a high value manufacturing dispute for a luxury brand, acting against professional service advisors for negligence, and representing clients against HMRC. Edward is a well known figure within the world of luxury brands, where he leads the firm's relationship with Walpole (the leading British luxury brands consortium) and is a regular advisor and contributor within that sector.
Edward is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acting alongside other partners as External Administrator of an insolvent Middle Eastern bank in relation to alleged multi-billion dollar fraud
- Running a high value banking dispute involving a complex repurchase agreement for a financial product (CDO)
- Handling a dispute with HMRC and professional advisors in relation to the issue of advance payment notices relating to a film finance scheme
- Advising a regulatory body in relation to an arbitration
- Representing an African based client in relation to a breach of contract claim