Rupert is a senior corporate and commercial lawyer with nearly 20 years international experience advising on M&A and investment transactions, joint ventures, capital raisings, private equity and commercial and corporate governance matters in Bahrain, Abu Dhabi, the United Kingdom and Australia.
Rupert is very experienced in acting for listed and unlisted multi-national corporations, financial institutions, Fortune 500 companies and high net worth individuals.
He is acknowledged for his timely, commercial and proactive advice.
Rupert’s expertise includes:
- drafting, negotiating and completing asset and share purchase agreements, drafting and negotiating executive contracts and advising on all other aspects of the sale or purchase of a business or company
- advising on IPOs, rights issues, private placements and other capital raisings including advising due diligence committees, drafting, reviewing and amending information memoranda, private placement memoranda and prospectuses and advising on regulated stock exchange listing rules
- advising on private equity investments and fund formation, having advised on a number of direct investments, co-investments and fund formations and investments in the private equity space in Europe, the UK, Australia and the US
- leading due diligence teams and preparing due diligence reports
- advising on and drafting a wide range of commercial contracts (for example, distribution, agency and franchising
- advising companies and company directors on company law duties and corporate governance issues.
Rupert is admitted to practise in England and Wales, and in Australia (Queensland).
- Advising Oasis Capital Bank on its joint venture with The UNITE Group plc to develop three student accommodation facilities in London, together with structuring a private equity fund to sell down part of OCB’s equity interest to ultra high net worth investors
- Advising Oasis Capital Bank as lead investor in New York based CapitalSpring Finance Company LLC, a provider of specialty finance solutions to the franchise industry
- Advising Oasis Capital Bank on its co-investment with The Carlyle Group in The Foundry Visionmongers Ltd, a leading innovator of visual effects and image processing technologies
- Advising Queensland’s premier property development group, Seymour Group, on the divestment of its oil and gas tenements
- Advising the shareholders of valuation company DMS Davlan which was acquired by ASX-listed Grays eCommerce Group
- Advising junior resources public company, Gulf Energy, on its rights issue and associated private placement
- Advising TSX-listed junior explorer TVI Pacific Inc on its private placement in, and joint ventures with, ASX-listed Foyson Resources Limited
- Advising NYSE-listed Fluor Corporation (a Fortune 500 engineering, procurement, construction and maintenance company) on its acquisition of an Australian engineering company
- Advising US company Wilbur-Ellis on its acquisition of Enzyme Solutions
- Advising ASX-listed communications company Vita Group on its acquisition of ICT solutions provider Camelon IT
- Advising the shareholders of Abu Dhabi based Target Engineering & Construction LLC on the sale of 60% of their shares to Arabtec (listed on Dubai Financial Market)
- Advising Gulf Capital on the acquisition of a controlling shareholding in water management and waste treatment company, Metito
- Advising CapitaLand on a US$2bn joint venture with Mubadala Development Company for the mixed use residential, retail, sports and leisure development of Zayed Sports City in Abu Dhabi
- Advising Waha Capital as sponsor of the US$300m MENA Infrastructure Fund
- Advising The National Investor, the Abu Dhabi based investment bank, on a pre-IPO restructuring of a 41 company group