Lee advises on pension issues for a wide range of clients including trustees and sponsoring employers of occupational pension schemes.
He has experience of advising on the pension aspects of company group re-organisations and acquisitions, scheme design and documentation and the duties and powers of trustees.
He has negotiated and drafted the terms of complex contingent asset agreements and bulk annuities contracts, including medically enhanced annuities. Lee also advises schemes in winding up or going through the PPF or FAS assessment process.
Lee has acted for trustees and employers in the successful resolution of contentious pension matters including member and benefit disputes and professional liability claims.
Lee is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising on pension issues in the acquisition of a multi-national corporate with defined benefit pension liabilities
- Drafting and negotiating funding agreements and complex contingent asset guarantees, including a guarantee over land
- Assisting an employer with the closure of its pension scheme and renegotiating contractual entitlements to pension scheme membership
- Assisting an employer on debt apportionments in a multi-employer scheme and the resolution of statutory employer issues
- Negotiating benefit scheme changes for both private and public pension schemes, including those with employees with protected person status and union representation