Emily advises on all aspects of employment law, both contentious and non-contentious.
She has experience in dealing with and settling Employment Tribunal litigation, including unfair dismissal, discrimination on the grounds of age, sex and disability, part-time working and unlawful deductions of wages. She has also assisted on High Court matters.
Her non-contentious experience includes drafting and advising on a wide range of employment contracts, consultancy agreements and company policies and procedures. She also advises in relation to post-termination disputes with former senior executives and regularly advises on settlement negotiations and severance terms.
Emily has written articles for various employment law and HR publications and provided commentary for the mass media. She is also involved in pro bono schemes such an employment advice line.
Emily is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising and negotiating settlement packages and severance terms for senior executives and directors
- Advising on TUPE and employee related matters for corporate acquisitions
- Acting for large plcs, defending unfair dismissal, discrimination and unlawful deductions of wages claims
- Advising and drafting employment contracts, consultancy agreements and company policies and procedures
- Advising both employers and employees on matters relating to employee restrictive covenants