Alex advises on all aspects of Private Client work, including tax, estate planning, powers of attorney, wills and trusts, particularly in relation to rural/agricultural clients and landed estates.
He is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), a member of the Agricultural Law Association (ALA), and a committee member of the Gloucestershire branch of the Country Land and Business Association (CLA).
Alex is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising a large consortium of Oxfordshire landowners in relation to a land pooling trust with a view to the eventual development of the site
- Advising the trustees of a Gloucestershire landed estate in the implementation of a "Balfour" holding and trading structure for the estate
- Advising the trustees of a Gloucestershire landed estate in relation to a Heritage Maintenance Fund for the estate and other, associated, heritage tax reliefs
- Advising the trustees of an estate of the multi-million pound sale of the estate, the division of the proceeds between the beneficiaries, and the minimising of tax liabilities resulting
- Advising landowners generally in relation to their tax and estate planning needs, in particular in relation to the use of partnerships