Ian is a partner in the Real Estate team who specialises in all areas of commercial real estate with a particular expertise in owner occupiers, investment and development.
His clients include businesses with numerous owner occupier properties and property investors and developers. He has run accounts for both Aldi and Vodafone providing property services in relation to stores and radio base station sites respectively.
Ian joined the firm in 1994 and has been consistently nominated as a leader in his field.
- Advising on a sea turbine test facility off the Isle of Wight involving a lease of the sea bed from the Crown
- Acting on various residential developments in Birmingham comprising schemes of between 60 and 120 apartments some involving part funding arrangements by the buyer
- Acting for several SIPP Providers including Hornbuckle Mitchell and Barnett Waddingham on their commercial property portfolios providing advice on acquisitions and disposals and property management
- Acting for landowners on the disposal of land for development by land promotion and option of significant schemes comprising more than 2500 houses including setting up ownership structures such as pool trusts, dealing with agricultural tenants and complex s 106 agreements
- Advising family owned property companies on both commercial and residential portfolios dealing with acquisitions and disposals from £500K to £20 million and property management from lease renewals to the construction and letting of new warehouses with rents up to £1 million pa
- Acting for multi site businesses on their property requirements including Vodafone on their radio base stations, various plcs on their warehouses and office requirements and charities on their retail shops