Robert Bond has over 37 years' experience in advising national and international clients on the legal and regulatory aspects of commercial, IP, technology, data protection and information security.
He also provides international notarial services as well as compliance and ethics advice. He is a legal expert and author in the fields of e-commerce, computer games, media and publishing, data protection, information security and cyber risks.
Robert is admitted to practise as a Notary Public in England and Wales. He is also certified in the USA as a Compliance and Ethics Professional.
- Assisting clients in the retail, leisure, food and drinks sectors on a range of international regulatory and compliance issues
- Advising major medical device and pharmaceutical multinationals on data breaches
- Negotiating and drafting technology contracts for large and medium sized providers with customers.
- Acting for numerous multinationals on global data protection compliance issues.
- Representing digital media companies as well as computer games companies on a range of commercial and online matters.
Robert is named in the 2014 National Law Journal's list of 50 Governance Risk & Compliance Trailblazers and is listed in the Top 10 in “the Who’s Who of Information Technology Lawyers 2015”. He is in the UN Global Pulse Privacy Advisory Group, on the Advisory Board of the Data Protection Academy of Malaysia, an elected member of the Board of Directors of the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics and the Health Care Compliance Association, an Ambassador for Privacy by Design and is on the Editorial Board of the Data Protection and Privacy Journal
He co-authored the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) BCR Report in 2006, and the ICC Guidelines on Basel II and Data Protection in 2007. Robert is the author of many books, including most recently the 5th edition of Negotiating Software Contracts published in 2013 by Bloomsbury Professional.
Board Member of DI (UK) Ltd (part of GE Energy), Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Stationers and Newspaper Makers, Companion of the British Computer Society, Fellow of the Society of Advanced Legal Studies, Honorary Member of the Institute of Export; Notaries Society, City of London Solicitors’ Company, American Bar Association, International Association of Privacy Professionals, Tech UK’s Big Data and Analytics Council