John practises in the areas of constitutional, general administrative and public law with particular experience of written constitutions and human rights, international arbitrations involving investment, privatisation and infrastructure disputes, as well as in numerous ad hoc arbitrations including under the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea.
He represents Governments, International Cooperation's and appears frequently in the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council.
- BAES v Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
- Carlos Hamilton and Jason Lewis v The Queen  UKPC 31
- Taitt v The State  UKPC 38
- Pratt & Morgan-v-The Queen
- N Lewis & Others-v-The Queen
- Boodram (Dole Chadee-v-The State
- Grape Bay Limited v. Attorney General
- FWOil-v-The Goverment of The Republic of Trindad and Tobadgo
- Miguel v The State  UKPC 14
- Villeneuve v Gaillard  UKPC 1
- Construction Developers Association Ltd v The Government of Jamaica (ICC) Case No. 13448
- BIMINI Blue Coalition Ltd V Prime Minister of The Bahamas & ORS (2014)
- UC Rusal Alimina Jamaica Limited and others v Wynette Miller and others  UKPC 39
- Crociani and others (Appellants) v Crociani and others  UKPC 40