Aziz works on all insolvency related matters: both corporate and personal insolvency, contentious and non-contentious.
He mainly acts for insolvency practitioners. He has also acted for directors and corporate lenders.
Aziz is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acting for the liquidators in a successful action against company directors for misfeasance and wrongful trading.
- Advising the trustee in bankruptcy in recovering a valuable property for the benefit of the estate. This involved challenging various fraudulent charges.
- Acting for a director in defending substantial claims brought by liquidators which related to misfeasance and breach of directors’ duties, transactions defrauding creditors, wrongful trading and an alleged invalid share buyback.
- Acting for the administrators in the pre-pack sale of a national fashion retailer.
- Advising the administrators on the sale of the business and assets of a regional health club.