We would like to place strictly necessary cookies and performance cookies on your computer to improve our website service.
To find out more about how we use cookies and how you can change your cookies settings, please read our  cookies statement.                
Otherwise, we'll assume you are OK to continue.   Please close this message

New CGT charge of non-UK residents: do owners of residential property need to get property re-valued?

From 6 April 2015, capital gains tax (CGT) will be extended to non-UK residents selling UK residential property.

This is the latest step in a series of significant changes affecting the taxation of UK residential property in recent years.

For more information on how the charge will be calculated, the rates of tax and the scope of the new charge, please click here.

This article was written by Tim Atkins and Piers Master.

For more information please contact Tim on +44 (0)20 7203 8868 or tim.atkins@crsblaw.com or Piers on +44 (0)20 7203 5096 or piers.master@crsblaw.com